Bluegrass Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm near Smiths Falls, ON. By growing in an innovative system of heated greenhouses, we help to supply our region with fresh local produce nearly year-round.
We are committed to protecting ecosystem health and growing a diversity of produce, focusing on salad greens and other greenhouse crops. Our organic certification with Ecocert Canada means we grow everything in accordance with the Canadian Organic Standards. We value the relationships built as we work with other producers, chefs, distributors, and retailers in our community. And of course, we love knowing so many of the people who eat our food!
In 2020, we’re scaling back our production to focus on salad greens and garlic. You can find our produce in food stores and restaurants in Ottawa, Perth, Kemptville, Smiths Falls, Merrickville and Almonte. We aren’t offering a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program this year, but we do occasionally take bulk orders for delivery or pick-up.
We look forward to sharing our harvest with you.
Bradley Wright and Leela Ramachandran, Farm Owners.
- Rooting for Spring – Laura Robin, Ottawa Citizen Style Magazine, March 31 2016
- Turning Winter Green at Bluegrass Farm – Laura Robin and Julie Oliver, Ottawa Citizen, October 15 2015 (article and video)
- At Bluegrass Farm… – Valerie Ward, Edible Ottawa, January 2015
- Bluegrass Farm Owners Receive Innovation Excellence Award – Leeds-Grenville Economic Development eNews, December 8 2015
- Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence, Regional Award Winner, November 2015