Bluegrass Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm near Smiths Falls, ON, established in 2014. By growing in an innovative system of heated greenhouses as well as our farm fields, we help to supply our region with fresh local produce nearly year-round.
We are committed to protecting ecosystem health and growing a diversity of crops. Our organic certification with Ecocert Canada means we grow everything in accordance with the Canadian Organic Standards.
We offered Winter, Spring and Fall Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs to the Ottawa region from 2014-2019. In 2019, we joined forces with fellow ecological farmers across Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec to create the Farmhouse Food Cooperative.
Farmhouse Food’s goal is to make sustainable local food more accessible and convenient in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. By collaborating rather than competing, we can offer a diversity of local products directly to customers, support small farm businesses to thrive, and help build a more robust, resilient local food system.
In 2022, you can find most of our produce in Farmhouse Food’s 100% local Harvest Boxes. We also supply produce in season to select food stores in Ottawa and the Lanark-Leeds-Grenville region.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive updates on where to find our food, farm tours and events, and more.
We look forward to sharing our harvest with you.
Bradley Wright and Leela Ramachandran, Farm Owners.
Bluegrass Farm in the News
- Rooting for Spring – Laura Robin, Ottawa Citizen Style Magazine, March 31 2016
- Turning Winter Green at Bluegrass Farm – Laura Robin and Julie Oliver, Ottawa Citizen, October 15 2015 (article and video)
- At Bluegrass Farm… – Valerie Ward, Edible Ottawa, January 2015
- Bluegrass Farm Owners Receive Innovation Excellence Award – Leeds-Grenville Economic Development eNews, December 8 2015
- Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence, Regional Award Winner, November 2015